The mission of the Continence Foundation of Australia Physiotherapy Group (Victorian Branch) is to promote excellence in continence physiotherapy service provision by providing accessible, high level professional development to our members and education to people of all ages living with incontinence and/or pelvic floor dysfunction.
Our members work in Continence Clinics, Hospitals, Universities, Health Promotion and Private Practices.
Our purpose and activities include....
- To provide discipline specific post graduate education events for members.
- To liaise with the Continence and Women’s Health Group of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, and co-ordinate professional development events with that body.
- To increase awareness of the services offered by members through distribution of a register.
- To ensure a high standard of practice by only including in the register members who have completed post graduate university physiotherapy qualifications in continence management, and who can demonstrate participation in appropriate ongoing professional development activities.
- To represent members within the CFA, at a state and national level.
- To promote continence physiotherapy within the profession as a whole.
- To promote and encourage research and evidence-based practice.
- To collaborate with other relevant health professionals.
- To ensure that physiotherapists continue to join this area of practice through high quality education, support and mentoring.
We have an email tree where members can network, ask relevant questions, contribute to and receive a newsletter and find out about job opportunities.
From time to time we offer a rural scholarship and a research grant.
- To be eligible for membership you must be a qualified registered physiotherapist and hold current membership with the Continence Foundation of Australia.
General Membership info for the CFA is available at http://www.continence.org.au/membership_preregister.php
- Annual membership costs $50.00. New graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy) receive a 100% discount in their first year by entering the promotional code given to them by the university.
- Members who have completed relevant university post graduate education and ongoing professional development are entitled to join the register of members that appears on our Find a CFA Physiotherapist page at no extra cost. This is promoted to other health professionals and the public. This is an excellent form of advertising for you and your clinic.
- First join by filling in your details below. You will be sent a link to create your own password. From there you can pay online via paypal or credit card to become a full paying member with all membership privileges.